One of my favourite parts of the websites I read regularly are the lists of links, photos/videos and other random things that they have recently been loving. I’m always sending links to friends to check out what I’ve come across and can’t wait to share them with you as well. Here are a few things that I’ve been lovin’ lately!
1. Rice Krispies Treats. Specifically this small batch version from Dessert for Two, which has been my go to lately. With Rice Krispies squares you either have the problem of you make too many and they can go stale or hard before you finish them, or you make too many and you cannot physically pull yourself away from them. This recipe makes just enough for you to have a few extra treats or to share with someone if you are feeling generous. I make this recipe even easier on cleanup by using a piece of wax paper to spread the treats out on instead of a pan, you can spread them out as thin or thick as you want and simply pop them into the fridge or freezer to cool even quicker!
2. Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Sandwiches! As soon as I saw this recipe from The Gunny Sack on Pinterest I immediately thought, now why didn’t I think of this before and then sent the link to a few people in my life who love peanut butter cups as much as I do. I can’t wait to try these!
3. I’m a huge fan of Snickers so this recipe for a homemade version of Snickers caught my eye. How amazing do the peanut and caramel layers look!
4. PicMonkey, I’ve never been big on editing my photos, mostly because everything I’ve tried can be fairly complicated. I just wanted something quick and easy to make some of my photos look a little better than straight out of the camera. This website is so easy, you can do something as simple as adding an effect similar to what Instagram does for your phone pictures. Or you can get a little more fancy and add texts, frames and other graphics to your pictures.
5. Convos With My Two Year Old has already ended their first season on YouTube, it really is something you need to see to fully appreciate. Me telling you about it here won’t be as good as watching the face of a man pretending to be a two year old girl. They are all good in the videos, which actually does feature the real two year old Coco, but the man playing Coco steals the show. I’ve attached the first video in the series but please do go check out the rest.
Well I think I’ll keep it short for the first edition of Lovin’ it Lately, please feel free to pass along any links to what you’ve been enjoying.